Lambeth Children and Young People's Information and Advice Support Service
Last Updated on Tuesday, 22 March 2016 10:06 Written by Administrator Tuesday, 10 June 2014 09:15
This service is universally free at the point of access and works for children and young people with SEND.
We offer unbiased, impartial and confidential advice and support around education, health and social care.
We help children, young people become aware of and access the service available for resolving disagreements and for mediation.
HOW TO ACCESS THE C&YP NFORMATION AND ADVICE SUPPORT SERVICE
- The service can be accessed by email, telephone or in a face to face meeting
- The service will signpost parents where appropriate to alternative and additional sources of advice , information and support available locally including the voluntary sector, housing support , careers advice , employment support, health and social care.
- The service will offer individual casework and representation for those who need it as outlined below.
WHAT HELP DO WE OFFER? Advice
- Telephone helpline support
- Email support
- Meetings in person to discuss difficulties
- Support communicating with professionals e.g. writing letters, emails and telephone calls
- Guidance on Statements of SEN and Education Health and Care Plans (EHCP’s)
- Advice on systems, procedures and processes related to SEN
- Advice on systems, procedures and processes related to SEN related disability discrimination legislation
- Support to achieve positive outcomes at meetings and reviews
- Help in understanding professional reports
- Informal mediation at all stages with schools and the Local Authority
- Advice on personal budgets
- Information on Health and Social Care policies and procedures as they relate to SEN
- Advice and support with transition at each educational stage
- Support and advice with Post 16 options
- Advice and support with SEND Tribunals
- Guidance on Education, Health and Social Care Plans (EHCP)
- Guidance on support services including letters, emails and reports.
- Guidance on communicating with professionals including dealing with correspondence.
KIDS Disagreement Resolution and Mediation Services
Bullying If you are worried about bullying then click this link for help Beat Bullying
Mental Health If you are worried about mental health then click this link for help Mindfull