Last Updated on Thursday, 10 November 2016 14:26 Written by Evette Niles Wednesday, 18 February 2015 14:58
Independent Supporters provide free and impartial information and support to parents, children and young people during the Education, Health and Care (EHC)Plan assessment and transfer processes.Â In Lambeth, paid and volunteer Independent Supporters are provided by Family Lives. Family Lives is a national charity with over 30 years' experience advising and supporting families in the UK.
Independent Supporters can support young people and parents if:
- they/their child is being newly assessed for anÂ EHC Plan.
- they/their child is transferring from a statement or Learning Difficulty Assessment to an EHC Plan.
- they live in Lambeth.
Independent Supporters can help parents, children and young people during the EHC Plan assessment and transfer processes by:
- Providing information about EHC Plans and the local referral, assessment and transfer processes
- Providing support through the EHC Plan assessment and transfer processes
- Helping parents, children and young people to contribute to their EHC Plan and have their views heard and made central
- Helping you to put together your child's one page profile
- Giving information about the local offer and personal budgets
- Acting as a named contact and liaising across agencies during the assessment and transfer processes, as required
- Signposting you to the local Information, Advice and Support Service when the issue is outside the remit of an Independent Supporter
Independent Support Service EHC Plan Drop-in SessionsÂ click here
To be referred to an Independent Supporter in Lambeth
Telephone: 020 3131 3150
For more information, visit the Family Lives website: http://www.familylives.org.uk/IS
Independent Support for Young People aged 16-25. Click here to view leaflet.
Independent Support for Parents/Carers. Click here to view leaflet.