What Does The Lambeth Local Offer Include?
Last Updated on Friday, 27 June 2014 06:59 Written by Administrator Wednesday, 04 June 2014 09:51
The Lambeth Local Offer for children and young people with Special Educational Needs and/or Disabilities (SEND) includes:
- Childcare and pre-school services
- Education provision – preschool, education from age 5 to 16, and post 16 education and training opportunities,, including those used by children and young people from Lambeth who are studying out of the borough
- Health services that support children and young people with SEND
- Social Care services, including short breaks
- Preparing for Adulthood for those young people aged 14 - 25 years of age
- Arrangements for travel support to enable children and young people to attend early years settings, schools and colleges
- Sources of information, advice and support for parents/carers children and young people
- Activities and opportunities in a range of sporting, arts and community activities
The services have been divided into three categories. These categories aim to explain services and support available and the 'Offer' and priorities for those with the greatest needs:
- Universal Services - These are the services that any child - with or without a Special Educational Need - can access.
- Targeted Services - These are the first level of services commissioned or funded by organisations and services to provide intervention and support for children and young people with SEND and their families
- Specialist Services - These are services and support provided to children and young people with the highest level of Special Educational Needs and their families.