Business Development Team
Last Updated on Tuesday, 03 June 2014 14:00 Written by Administrator Tuesday, 03 June 2014 13:58
The Business Development Team is working directly with early years local businesses in the private, voluntary, independent sector, schools and with children center provision.
Our focus is on citizens for service delivery. We engage and empower early year's providers across the sectors and maintain established working relationships and trust with our client base. We also provide targeted support to improve service delivery and aid problem solving for clients. To lead and drive best business practice across the early year's sector the Business Development Team search for creative opportunities.
Our core business service delivery for the team includes:-
- Funded Early Education Places entitlement advice and support
- Grant monitoring and performance, accountability, compliance and standards
- Audit/HMS compliance
- Financial regulations compliance, financial procedures and processes, maintaining financial records including debt collection and disclosure vetting and barring compliance
- Comprehensive financial health check, review risk and mitigate
- Business sustainability – tailored support to help settings address key issues affecting their business sustainability and provide tools to enable settings to work for themselves
- Sounding board to discuss ideas, suggest alternatives, identify opportunities for development based on sector experience. Supports and encourages new ideas
- Business Development Team annual/termly visits to settings (126 PVI's, 27 CC's & 3 satellites and child minders)
- Training – CPD, bite size, bespoke - determine need target weak and new settings
- Business consultancy including business reviews.
- Marketing strategy, filling places, comparativeness and being self financing
- Financial planning and cash flow
- Fee structures levels and optimum charging
- Governance/management committee roles and responsibility, advice and support for good governance practice
- Advice on new business start up to third sector, promote innovation, embrace new ways of working